Mayville Alternative Education:
· Monday through Friday 7:50-2:50pm.
· September 2rd 2014
Transportation is not provided:
· Transportation is provided: Busing to school and home is provided along with busing to and from the Tech center. Students are required to use the provided busing.
Lunch is provided:
· Lunch is provided from 11:30- 12:00. Cost is $2.30 per student lunch
· Classes are taught by a highly Qualified teacher who will provide individual assistance to the students in Alternative Education: (Mr. McLane)
· The Alternative Education is housed in the Red Barn Near the High School Football Field.
· All classes will be taught on the computer using E20/20
· Students will work on a minimum off the 4 core classes: Math, Science, Social Studies and English.
· The day consists of 3 hours of instructional time on the computer at the school plus they will be enrolled in a vocational program at the Tech Center. This will be 1st-4th hour.
· Students will be allowed to work on their online classes 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
· All students will be required to complete 3.5% of their course each week to stay on track for graduation.
Movement in and Out of Alternative Education:
· Students are assigned to the alternative education and will be released only at semester breaks.
· All courses completed in alternative education will count towards a high school diploma.
· Alternative educations students are not eligible for Ms or HS athletics, however are able to attend sporting contests, play productions, etc.
· Prom and school dances are allowed.
· Alternative Education is a free alternative to general education. It is computer based with the availability for students to work 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Discipline/ attendance rules:
· Same as the high School Student handbook.
· A special education teacher is available to administer all special education needs per an IEP.